The key to utilizing employee engagement to its greatest effect is to accurately measure it and to constantly improve the organizational factors that affect it. By making routine employee engagement surveys a part of the company culture, Dallas TX business owners can ensure that employee feedback has an active role in defining the workplace experience.
In order to develop a great process of soliciting, analyzing and implementing employee feedback to boost Dallas TX employee engagement, you should follow these tips.
Before the Survey
- Make the survey relevant – Certain issues affect people differently. Make sure that the employees aren’t being forced to answer questions about a topic that isn’t important to them. A bored employee who has to answer dozens of questions unrelated to his job or duties will quickly experience response fatigue and might abandon the questionnaire altogether.
- Keep the survey concise – While designing the survey, keep it as succinct as possible while still being long enough to get all the necessary information. The recommended length for an average survey is 25-50 questions. This can vary, however, depending on the size of the Dallas TX company and other related factors.
- Keep participation simple – Don’t make it difficult for employees to access and answer the employee engagement questionnaire. The feedback they have to offer can be extremely valuable to the company so you want to make the process as streamlined as possible. This includes accommodating employees who might not always be in the office or might work an odd shift.
After the Survey
- Share the data – The easiest way to communicate to employees that their responses are being considered is to publicly share the information with them after it has been processed. This step assures the employees that the company has read their responses and actually cares about the feedback.
- Reveal actions plans – Communicate to employees at all levels the concrete steps that you plan to implement as a result of their responses. By sharing the details of your strategy, you can make sure that everyone is aware of the implementation process. To keep the momentum high throughout the process, include regular milestones that re-energize the team as they gradually complete each step.
- Involve managers – Train your managers on the benefits of employee engagement and how they can develop it within their individual units. Since they engage their team on a more frequent basis, they can take a more active role in implementing new policies. To ensure effectiveness, include each manager’s implementation progress as one of the considerations for their yearly performance review.
By following these tips, you can begin developing a positive and engaging Dallas TX workplace for your employees. Although the actions won’t have immediate consequences in redefining the work environment, their effects become increasingly apparent as more and more employees adopt the new practices. By soliciting feedback and using it to guide workplace improvements, you can guarantee a happier and more productive workforce.
For more assistance with Dallas TX employee engagement services, contact us today!